Fight Club is one of my all time favorite movies. You can catch it now on HBO GO. What you’ll learn is that the first rule of Fight Club is you don’t talk about fight club! But since I’ve been a member for a long time, I’m taking my chances here because I think it’s worth sharing with you. Fight Club is a freedom journey, a reevaluation of values and priorities. What good is it to have all of the best furniture, clothes and accessories when you are miserable every second you are awake? What does it matter if you have “job security” when you pray for death every chance you get? Fight Club is a commentary on the influence we’ve allowed corporations to wield over our culture, over our thoughts and attitudes, over the way we feel about ourselves and others. These are some of my favorite minimalist quotes from wakeup guru Tyler Durden.
– The things you own end up owning you.
– It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.
– You are not your job. You are not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking khakis. You’re the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
– Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions.
– We are consumers. We’re the byproducts of a lifestyle obsession.
Don’t forget to actually LIVE YOUR LIFE. Are you having FUN? If you aren’t, you might wonder why not and then you might want to take a look at your priorities. We’re here to enjoy this journey! Sat Nam. And LIGHT to you. 180-